I’ve seen friends and other bloggers post bucket/life/to-do lists for years. The lists include everything from the mundane (Like John Goddard who put type 50 words a minute on his Life List) to the unachievable (go to space on Virgin Atlantic is on Sean Ogle‘s list).
A recent blog post reminded me that in less than 13 months, I will turn the big four-o. Age doesn’t really bother me, but realizing that I’m close to half way done on this beautiful planet made me start thinking about things I’d like to do sooner rather than later. So, I’m creating a realistic list of accomplishments I’d like to do before I turn 40. I’ll update the list weekly, but my goal is to have them all crossed off before Nov. 11, 2013. Here goes:
- Go to a Food & Wine Festival somewhere in the US
- Try the Absinthe service at Eat Local
Go on a “Girls Only” trip.
- Take GFB to Peter Lugers Steakhouse in NYC
- Have a cookie swap party at Christmas
Sit courtside at an OKC Thunder basketball game
- Throw a shindig of a Christmas party
- Take a photography class
- Decorate my bedroom
Paint something worthy of hanging on the wall
- Knit a scarf
- Make homemade pasta
Buy a red dress
- Take the girls somewhere spontaneous
Find a lipstick that doesn’t irritate my lips
- Buy one pair of beautiful pumps
Get an Epiphanie bag
- Land a big client for my business
- Take the girls to a fancy restaurant for dinner. Just because
- Have a picnic outside. Without bugs and crying children. (There’s a story here..)
- Have dinner at Vast
- Visit Meers store for a tasty hamburger.
Have updated family portraits made.
- Run a 5k. Like, the whole 5K.
- Send at least one handwritten letter each month to someone.
- Make homemade marshmallows
- Wax some portion of my body other than my lips or eyebrows (I’m scared people.)
- Take a test drive in a fancy sports car – just for fun.
- See Darius Rucker in concert. (Yes, I like Hootie.)
- Learn to make tamales
- Teach a class
- Read a classic novel
- Make my own signature cocktail
- Create one new yearly tradition
- Take a road trip, with no particular destination in mind
Eat Cajun food in New Orleans
- Have lunch or dinner with Aubrey K. McClendon
- Go to Chicago for a weekend. I’ve only flown through…
- Take the girls to Sea World
- Spend and entire day at a spa getting pampered
After typing out this list – it seems very long (not to mention expensive – at least for a few items). But I think most of them are attainable.
Are you ready for a little 40×40?? It’s going to be a fun year.
Favorite QuoteOne cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well. ~ Virginia Woolf
Find me on Facebook